I'm not a book expert, but here are the essential book details that I have determined are important based on my research of similar books.
Please let me know if there are any important details that I haven't provided or if you have any questions:
"ADVENTURES OF HUCKLEBERRY FINN" by Mark Twain. First Edition.
Publisher: Charles L. Webster, New York, 1885.
Publisher's dark green cloth, stamped in black and gilt on the spine and front panel; 366 pages with black and white illustrations throughout.
Binding is in very good condition. Pages are clean, however there is small amounts of foxing/stains on the first few pages only, as shown in the photos.
Overall a tight clean copy.
Later state, with the following issue points present:
- With "Photo-Gravure Co. N.Y." imprint and tablecloth not visible
- Copyright dated 1884
- on p.13 the illustration "Him and another Man" is listed at p.87
- on p.57 the eleventh line from the bottom reads "with the saw"
- p. 143 “l’ in "Col." present
- p.283 appears to have the straight fly on the Silas Phelps illustration
- on p.155 the final "5" extending just below the preceding figure
PREVIOUS SALES of this book (sourced from LIVEAUCTIONEERS.COM):
$11,000 - Jun 28, 2007 - PBA Galleries
$9,500 - Apr 6, 2016 - Heritage Auctions
$4,500 - Apr 6, 2008 - Signature House
$4,250 - Oct 7, 2010 - PBA Galleries
$4,000 - Apr 16, 2015 - PBA Galleries